Looking to buy or sell a home in Hawaii? Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call us at (808) 799-9596 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
A lot of people assume that they can buy a property and rent it out with no problem. This, however, is not the case. Just like you need a real estate professional to buy or sell a home, you need a professional to manage your property.
Introducing Duke Kimhan, our Preferred Property ManagerThere are a plethora of reasons why you should use Duke Kimhan of Keller Williams Realty, but here are just a few:
- He will find the right tenant for you by screening all of the candidates. This will include a credit check and a follow up where he contacts all of a tenant's references.
- He will use his experience to gauge a great tenant from a more troublesome one.
- His expertise in managing properties effectively helps to preserve the value of your property.
Let us repeat that one more time: Duke promises to rent your property for an agreed amount within 30 days of your decision or he will pay your rent!
For more information, visit his website: KellerWilliamsHonoluluPropertyManagement.com or call the rental hotline at 808-445-9223
If you are looking for a property manager, here are some other things that you'll want to see:
- The property must be cleaned prior to a move in: This is a fairly basic requirement, but also one that is often not totally taken care of. Having a new tenant complain of a dirty residence is a terrible way for them to become acquainted with a property.
- Make a move-in checklist with the tenant: This checklist will expose any damaged or defective parts of a residence when a tenant moves in. This checklist should also be completed a few days after moving in. Then, when they move out, a tenant can be held liable for any damages that occurred during their stay.
- Be very responsive to repair requests: Once again, you do not want to anger your tenant. Your property manager should do everything necessary to cater to your tenants' needs, because they are your livelihood. Also, an angry tenant is less likely to pay rent on time, so avoid that unnecessary problem.
Also, don't forget to catch our radio show, the Team Lally Real Estate Show - Home of the Guaranteed SOLD Program or We’ll Buy It - every Saturday at 11AM - 12PM on KHVH 830 and KIKI 990. If you are interested in learning more about buying or selling real estate in the Honolulu area we have a free book available online. To receive your free book please visit http://www.teamlally.com/book